Electrical Repairs by Licensed Commercial Electricians
Here at TLC, we understand that electricity is critical to your business. That is why our licensed electricians are available around the clock to respond to your electrical repair needs and emergencies.
Why choose TLC for your business’ electrical needs:
- 1-year warranty on labor
- 24-hour response
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Common electrical services provided to businesses
TLC’s expert electricians are trained specifically in electrical repairs for commercial buildings and businesses. Below are some of the common issues our team responds to on a daily basis:
- Copper Wire Theft
- Bad Breakers
- Flickering or Dim Lights
- Building Grounding Issues
- Unprotected/Exposed Wiring
- Loose Connections in Panels
- LED Lighting Repairs
- LED Lighting Upgrades
- Circuit Breaker Overload (breakers tripping constantly)
- Faulty Installation
- Power Surges
- Power Loss
- Outdated Wiring
- Parking Lot Lighting
- Security Lighting Upgrades
- Service Upgrades
- Panel Upgrades
- Building Additions
- Building Remodels
Signs you need electrical repair services
You should call TLC’s electricians if:
- You lose power. Copper wire theft is one of the most common – and most frustrating – reasons businesses lose power. It could also be due to loose breakers or a malfunction in the electrical panel. Another cause is when PNM (or your local power company) experiences an outage. In this case, it’s still a good idea to call an electrician to reset your system for you due to surges or polarity issues that can result from power company outages.
- You outlets are not working. This could be due to faulty wiring or an issue with the electrical panel.
- Your lights are flickering or dim. This could be caused by loose wire connections or bad lamps/ballasts. Lightbulbs may need to be switched out, or the lighting fixture itself may be due for an upgrade.
- The breakers are not resetting. If your breakers do not reset, it’s a sign that your panel is malfunctioning or does not have enough power for the equipment. It may be time to upgrade your panel.
Electrical repairs for businesses vary based on:
- Complexity: The simpler the repair, the less it is going to cost. If the issue is complex and requires extensive labor, it will cost more. Most of the time the problem is simple and a trained electrician will find and fix it right away.
- Wire Theft: Wire theft is by far the most expensive electrical repair business owners will experience. We suggest taking security measures to prevent this from happening to you.
- Neglect: Many repairs can be avoided altogether with proper maintenance. Electrical breakers, switches, and disconnects need to be exercised (turned on and off) to keep them from getting stuck and breaking.
Our Electrical Service Repair Process
1) Schedule your free estimate
Call us at (505) 761-9644 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Our electricians are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will come out and inspect the damage in order to provide a free estimate on the cost of repairs.
2) Our licensed electricians will diagnose the problem
Finding and diagnosing the problem is usually straightforward. If it isn’t, your electrician will let you know and create a quote for the work needed to find and correct the issue.
3) We will repair the problem
Once the problem is identified and an estimate created, TLC’s electricians will get to work fixing the problem. We will stay until you are satisfied. If any permits are needed or there needs to be coordination with the power company (PNM), TLC staff will handle this for you.
4) We will work with you to schedule any required inspections
If any inspections are required, TLC’s team will work with you and the appropriate agency to schedule and complete the inspections.
5) We make sure you’re comfortable
Your satisfaction matters. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with your electrical repair service, then give us a call and we’ll make it right.
Electrical Repair Frequently Asked Questions
What causes flickering lights in businesses?
Flickering lights are often caused by loose wiring or bad lamps/ballasts. TLC’s electricians can help you identify which it is and either repair or replace the lighting fixture for you.
What causes power surges in businesses?
Power surges are usually caused by one of two things:
- Lighting Strikes: A lightning strike causes a powerful surge in electricity. This can be damaging to equipment in your business.
- Utility Line Issues: Sometimes power surges come from spikes in the utility line. This often happens because a transformer blows and surges power through the lines.
These surges in power can cause equipment failures and malfunctions. Many business owners opt for surge protection for equipment or for the entire building. TLC’s electricians can help you with the installation of surge protection.
What can cause an electrical fire?
The primary causes of electrical fires include:
- Faulty breakers
- Bad wiring
- Neglect of maintenance
Regular maintenance for your business’s electrical system will eliminate the risk of most electrical fires.
What should I do if my breaker panel is hot?
Call a licensed electrician right away! This is a sure sign that something is wrong. You need to get the issue addressed right away to avoid electrical fires and equipment damage.
How do I know if my electrical system needs to be rewired?
Buildings that are over 30 years old need to be assessed by a licensed electrician to see if needs to be rewired. It is also a good idea to have a recently purchased building inspected to make sure the electrical system is safe and meets code.
LED Lighting Upgrades for Your Business
Upgrading to LED lighting in your business provides many benefits:
- Long-term cost savings because LED lights use less energy.
- Improves the curb appeal and cosmetic appearance of your business.
- LED lights eliminate the need for frequent maintenance because they only need replaced about every 15 years.
- LED lights improve security. As our electrical manager likes to say, “Better lighting keeps the bad guys away.”
Contact TLC for a free lighting upgrade estimate for your business.
Electrical Panel Upgrades for Your Business
You may need to upgrade your electrical panel if you are adding equipment or a building addition to your business. Older electrical panels operate on 100-amp or less. The addition of large appliances or more square footage often requires a 200-amp electrical panel.
The benefits of upgrading your electrical panel:
- Allows for more equipment.
- Ensures everything is powered correctly.
- Helps to identify any building grounding issues.
- Parts are easier to find for upgraded panels.
Contact TLC for a free estimate on upgrading your electrical panel.